We are excited to announce that Plainfield Bible will be open for our 10:00 AM Worship Service starting this Sunday, May 10th. Although we are enthused to be able to worship together as a church family, there are some government guidelines we are going to be following. We’re certain many of you have various questions. Hopefully, the details below will provide the answers you are seeking.
How to determine if I should attend?
- Are you feeling 100% well? Have you had a fever in the past 48 hours? Do you have a cough, sore throat, stomach issues, etc.? If you have had any symptoms of sickness recently, we would ask that you stay home and utilize the livestream option until you are well and ready to attend.
- Do you have an underlying health condition? Are you more at risk due to immunity related issues? This also might be a time when you want to utilize the livestream option until the guidelines have been lifted.
- Age 65 and older – Governor Holcomb has stated that we should ask everyone over the age of 65 to remain at home. Regarding the Governor’s guidelines, you may want to consider continuing to temporarily worship using the livestream.
- There will be NO nursery or Children’s Church. We ask that parents assure their children stay with the family at all times. Also, if having younger children unable to sit in church makes it difficult for you to attend, please feel free to temporarily use our livestream option. Please note that as the guidelines change for the state, we will be reestablishing our childcare options but want to start with the safest approach for everyone’s care.
What is going to be different? We are going to implement many of the social distancing guidelines that the government has issued.
- In the auditorium we have changed the seating. We will all be spread out much more than usual but will have enough seats to accommodate everyone. Chairs are grouped in different numbers so please use a group appropriate for you family size.
- Facial coverings are encouraged, but not required. If you would like to wear a mask, you are encouraged to bring your own or we will have new ones available if one were forgotten.
- We will have hand sanitizer available to you throughout the building.
- We will leave all the doors open. We will have greeters to open exterior doors for you.
- We will not be handing out bulletins. If you would like to take notes on the sermon, please bring your own materials.
- There will be no coffee bar or book center at this time.
- We also want to be considerate of others and forego handshakes and hugs at this time. We want to be safe, be a good testimony and protect one another.
- We will ONLY be having the 10:00 AM service. There will be NO Sunday School and NO evening service. Current podcasts will be still be available online.
We will be reevaluating this as time goes on and as the state guidelines change. As we are all excited to get back together and so thankful for the opportunity to meet again, please remember if you are at risk, please stay home.