October 03, 2019 | Care Group Discussion Questions by Dave McManus
- How has Joshua’s attitude changed since the purging of Achan’s sin? How has the Lord’s attitude toward Israel changed?
- Despite the abundance of military language in the chapter, how do we know that this battle is still very much a spiritual conquest?
- Is there any issue with Joshua and the Israelites using deception in order to win the battle? Why or why not?
- How is this victory and the manner in which Israel was victorious further proof that the Lord was “with” Joshua just as He had been “with” Moses?
- Ai, like Jericho, was left desolate as a result of its sin. How does this account point us to the reality of sin and its consequences, and at the same time, give us hope for the forgiveness of sins?